Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stockpiling for MoP Release?

If you have not already started your stockpiling, then you are behind!  With about 7 weeks to go before the official launch of Mists of Panadaria, there is still time to get a few good deals.  Here are a few of my thoughts on things to buy.

Pyrite Ore - If we use the release of Cata as a benchmark for pricing, then there is a huge opportunity for this to make tons of profit.  On my server I am finding the ore for about 30 gold per stack as people dump their stock.  During Cata, I was averaging about 400 gold per stack of Titanium Ore, WOTLK's equivalent of Pyrite Ore.  Could it go this high again?  Who knows?  But I am willing to sit on a a few hundred stacks to see.  If it does then you will make a HUGE profit.

Chaos Orbs - I really don't see too many people discussing this item but I think there is a huge upside to this one.  It is hard to compare these to their equivalent, Frozen Orbs, but I think there is even more upsaide this go around.  Why?  Illusionary Bags.  We have found out that there will not be a new bag in MoP that is more than 24 slots.  Illusionary Bags are going to remain the biggest bag in the game at 26 slots.  The way to make these is by using Dreamcloth.  Dreamcloth is made with bolts of Embersilk and either Chaos Orbs or 30 Volatiles of your choice.  For now, there is no change in the cooldown period for Dreamcloth (which could change) so you are limited to 1 per week per type of volatile.  The good news?  No cooldowns for Chaos Orb Dreamcloth!  Want that bag right now?  You need 8 Dreamcloth.  At least 3 will have to come from Chaos Orbs which means 15 orbs!= with very few people running heroic 5 mans from Cata...get the point?

Whiptail - Herbs always have a use, but I like Whiptail for 2 reasons; alchemy levelers and inscription.  The trick here is to stock up on while it is cheap.  I see thousands sitting in the AH for about 20 gold per stack or less.  Buy it, mill it and process it into Blackfallow Ink then trade the ink for lower inks in inscription.  You will have 2 ways to make some serious coin, selling glyphs or selling the ink.  I tend to get bored with the glyph market so I usually sell the ink.  While everyone yells at me for this strategy, let me just say that if you do it right you can make 5-10 times your investment selling the ink which is far less work and effort.

I will be back to post some more items, but this gives you something to think about for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment